Removing/getting Parameters in a (non-active) family document

Hey guys,

A lot of my work is editing families. I have used a lot of DanEdu scripts to add parameters and values etc. in .rfa files, but now I am trying to remove some parameters.

I used the node “FamilyDocument.GetParameterByName” to first see if the parameter exists and after this i want to use the node “FamilyDocument.RemoveParameter”. This workflow because the family needs to exist for the removeparameter node to work.

The GetParameter node returns everything “null” if at least one of the parameters is not in 1 of the documents, instead of null for only that parameter.

The given parameters all exist in 2 of the documents and some in the other 4 documents.
Any ideas how to fix this or work around it ?

I would like to. But the Orchid package does not show up in Dynamo. @Kulkul already tried to install it with teamviewer 1 1/2 month ago but without any luck. Tried it again today, also without any luck.

Should I remove the DanEdu package first or should that not matter ? I use the DanEdu script a lot so I do not want to remove it without an alternative if its not really really needed.

Thank you! Orchid works. Now i hope the nodes work a bit differently than the old ones.

Amazing. What a difference in the package. Thanx again. ORchid solved all my problems!

You are right. When dynamo 2.0 came out I did not transision very clean into that version because some packages didnt have an update yet and others did. The result was that some package worked fine and others didn’t.

Now a lot of packages have been added to the dynamo 2.0 so I think its time to reinstall everything without pieces of old packages or old nodes still in the folders.