Relay for Revit - Adding .dyns to Ribbon

Awesome, glad to hear it!

:loudspeaker: Relay Version 1.4.0 Update:

:new: New Features:

• Revit 2024 Now Supported

:gear: Changes

• Supported Versions of Revit now include 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024. Users have reported success with versions older than 2021, but use in those versions is definitely at your own risk.
  • Sample graphs for Revit 2022, Revit 2023 and Revit 2024 have been revised to account for the node size changes.

:thinking: Where to Download?

:interrobang: Disclaimers / Good to Know

• If you are going to test the tool please be sure to thoroughly read the documentation here.

• Keep in mind that this variant of the tool is provided “as-is” and open-source with limited support (I only have so much time on my hands :disappointed: ). It should not be considered a full “production-ready” tool in its open-source state.

:pray: Features Request/ “John add this now”

• Feature requests are welcome. But there is no guaranteed development. This is an open-source freely available tool that I work on in my spare time.

If you are looking for a tool that auto-deploys Dynamo graphs and works with the cloud and chatGPT and who knows what else, this ain’t it.

Also, remember to always have fun and you know what, go take a walk outside today, you deserve it. :wink:

9 Likes

Hi,
get notification when i sync graph.

i use in revit 2024 version. relay version is 1.4.0.

please solve this problem.

1 Like

I’ll take a look when I have a chance. For now, you can save this DLL right next to the Relay DLL.

(Rename the extension to just .dll when you download it)

System.Text.Json.dll.txt (347.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for your help. :+1: :+1: :+1:

i get the new error when i use dyn. file from Relay(as below) for your reference.

Best to post to the github for Relay:

4 Likes

Definitely good to post on GitHub for tracking!

Also, appreciate the notification here though.

4 Likes

Try the latest:

Any good difference?

I fixed the bug mentioned above. I guess that is a good difference?

4 Likes

I can confirm. It’s a good difference. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Honestly these days having authors of open source projects is a very good difference!

Many of them I’ve followed or tried pulled their support (e.g. Dyno) or have moved onto paid models (Nonica), so having someone available to listen to users is a big thing sometimes.

5 Likes

I am getting this same error using Relay v1.4.2 and Revit 2024.2.

Everything works fine in Revit 2021, 2022, 2023.

Does this mean I can stop learning C# : :slight_smile:

Only in 2024.2?

1 Like

Hmm, I can reproduce in 2024.2. I wonder what changed in Dynamo 2.19.x regarding opening a file from path.

:thinking:

I will have to take a look and report back.

I wonder how other tools are handling it, but… I will have to continue to wonder because they are closed-source and give nothing back to the community in this regard. :wink:

2 Likes

Keep learning C#. Relay fires off Dynamo graphs. Unfortunately, Dynamo is not the most stable way of creating reusable tools for long-term use. Dynamo changes too often, breaks stuff, and is a nightmare to deploy.

C# is incredibly stable and supported and will result in a better toolset. If you are interested in my C# course (which is in Dynamo, but is a great start to C#), let me know in a message and we can work it out.

8 Likes

Hmm, this might be a bigger issue than I can fix quickly:

Awesome enough, BirdTools over on twitter helped me out!

They are not on the forum, but they get awarded all the internet points I can give.

:trophy:

I should have an updated build out soon to fix this.

6 Likes

And the update:

A known issue at this time is the sample Dynamo graphs included might not work in newer versions of Dynamo because of Python issues. But the tool itself is working well.

6 Likes