"Reference other view" elevations

Hi everyone. I’m trying to create a Dynamo tool to rename elevation views to meet a specific standard based off of the room they live in. Right now I’m trying to figure out how I can separate elevation markers using the “reference other view” function from my initial collection of all markers in a view. I haven’t found a way to do it with nodes or Python/the API yet…anyone have suggestions?

Well that method creates one - I need to select an existing one, or differentiate it from other elevation tags in the view. Ref elevations have the same ID as the actual “parent” elevation marker. I found the ElevationMarker.IsReference() property but it doesn’t seem to be working for me - get a bool is not callable error in python.

Leave out the brackets ()
IsReference Is a property, not a method.

1 Like

Yep, this is it. Silly mistake :sweat_smile:

Here I have separated markers that are reference from those that are not.

You could just edit out the “notref” if you don’t need them and then remove the code block get the second list, but I like to keep everything in case there is other filtering needed.

Yeah, this is what I ended up doing. Just wasn’t treating the property right in Python. Thanks!