Possible to Create Reference Views?

I’d like to use Dynamo to create Section markers that reference other views. Is it currently possible? Thanks!

(I’ve searched and saw two other posts from a year or two ago, asking the same question with no responses.)

It looks like it is possible via the API, which means yes it can be done in Dynamo, but probably only with python unless you can find a package with support.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/can-t-create-view-reference/td-p/6806199

Unless I’m mis-reading it, it looks like the API can just get and change referenced views. I don’t see anything about creating a new View marker that references a view :frowning:

I don’t think is possible, I am trying to modify the reference instead of creating one but have not found the way.

It’s possible in 2022 I believe.

2 Likes

Anyone find a solution to this? I need to create a “View Reference” not a “View Section” or “View Callout”. I don’t see an API call for View Reference.

2 Likes

I’d like to be able to create or at least be able to update a “View Reference” element, not a section, not an elevation, etc.