Reference Levels

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to select all elements connected to a reference level.

i need to do this because i need to change a parameter value on all structual framing families, but the value has to be different on each level.
usually i would use “Select all elements at level” but structual framing families do only have a reference level?

Is there any way to get around this?

Thank you for your help!

Actually structural framing elements do in fact have a reference level parameters and they are quite easily accessible with the default “Element.GetParameterValueByName” node. If you combine that with the “GrouByKey” node, you’ll get a very neat list containing the beams at each level into individual sub-list.

2015-04-14_23-50-30

Thank you for your response!

although i get different values depending on which node i use, if i as in your example us the “Element.GetParameterValueByName” i get a strange number?
But if i use Luncbox’s “Get Parameter value” which, correct me if i’m wrong should do the same, i get the correct value? maybe you know the reason for this?

Capture

Hi Sylvester,

That weird number represents the Revit id of element’s level as an integer. I suspect you’re using an older version of Dynamo because that behavior was changed a while back. Could you try updating to the latest stable build ( 0.8 ) of Dynamo? That way Dynamo will be able to output the level directly as as in my image above.

Alternatively you could try plugging the integer value in a custom package like archi-lab.net’s “Id to Element” .

The Lunchbox “Get Parameter Value” node outputs the parameter’s value as a string. I am guessing your level is called “03”?

That did the trick, thank you!

So if i wanted to select all elements at let’s say reference level 03, how would i do that?

sorry for all the questions, still brand new to dynamo trying to learn!
Really appreciate you taking the time to help! :slight_smile:

Use the node All Elements At Level…