Recreating Custom Node Definition that are missing

Hello All,

I’ve created some Custom Nodes on a project PC. Due to policy that PC is “Refurbished” and cleaned and the *.dyf files are no longer there. Some of my dynamo project contain such custom nodes and don’t fuction anymore.

Is there a simple method of recreating those lost Custom Node Definitions?

Regards,

Bas Boer

Hi Bas,

Did you look your *.dyf in Dynamo backup folder C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\backup

Here is the screenshot http://dl1.joxi.net/drive/0012/2031/829423/151120/1d99c46b88.jpg

Sorry, the computer on which the *.DYF was created doesn’t exist anymore! Thats why I want to know if it can be recreated out a *.DYN in which it was used!

In short: no, you are out of luck on this one.

The *.dyf custom node definitions can only be saved if you open up a backup *.dyn that they were used in (this will update your definitions folder in ~\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo)

Since you have a completely new computer, those definitions are lost. I recommend backing up your *.dyf’s to a google drive or some other storage medium.

In the meantime, you can try to reverse engineer the custom Node based on input/output or create a whole new one from scratch.

Feel free to post an example here for help.

Regards,

-Gabe