Rebar.ByCurve and Rebar Style errors

Hi,
I’ve recently updated to Revit 2019 and Dynamo 2.01.
After updated none of my Rebar scripts seem to work.
Problems are focussing on:
Rebar.ByCurve node. This node keeps giving me "operation failed, method not found"errors.
Rabat Style (and Hook+Orientation) node. These nodes seems to automatically multiply each time I reload the script.

Anyone having the same problems ??
…And the next question is: Anyone knows what to do about it??

Added a sample .dyn.
Each time I open the script an extra item is added to the Rebar Style node.
test 3.dyn (10.4 KB)

This was a very seen problem in the beginning of Dyn 2.0. I believe it was related to a necessity for update of the packages in question and related to the json version used, I might remember wrongly, I’m sure @jacob.small can clarify :slight_smile:

Hi Jonathan,

I’ve reinstalled Dynamo and all packages to their latest version. So that can’t be it.

It sure can… what I’m writing is that the PACKAGE is not yet updated to work with Dyn 2.0 and the package owner has yet to perform this update… No matter how you installed and updated the package in question…

Aha, I didn’t think of that. Thanks !
So back to Dynamo 1.3 then to make it work :frowning:

I would hold my horses for a few hours, it might be that Jacob can do some magic :slight_smile:

Alright :slight_smile: Let’s hope so !

I will just reference an old post about the same issues in case the developer of the package sees this post then the answer will be right at hand:

Hi @d.kelfkens,
I am experiencing the same problem as you described. It is due to the fact that the dynamo for rebar package from core studio developed by @Maximilian_Thumfart1 is not updated since 2016. However my graph in Dynamo 2.0.1 one is working with Revit 2018.3.1. So probably the API changes in Revit 2019.0.1 is the causes of the issues that you are facing.

As @shefypattambi says, the package is not updated. You could try to post an issue the github page:

This is the method that is removed in 2019 API, and mentioned in one of your error messages: http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018/cc949899-f482-635c-75e9-2924acdd4c6a.htm

The other dictionary error messages might be caused by the new dictionary functionality introduced in Dynamo 2.0.

1 Like

Looks like it might need an update, and perhaps an easy one at that, but the package is owned by CORE Studio over at Thornton Tamasetti, so I can’t really do anything myself. Reaching out via their GITHUB would likely help. You could also look into other packages like BIM4Struc.Rebar and others (note that I’m not a rebar guy so I can’t confirm if these would resolve your issue).

1 Like

Hi there,
we didn’t update this package in a long time, sorry about that. We will try to make one with the latest dynamo version this week. I will keep you posted.
Max

2 Likes

Hi @Maximilian_Thumfart1,
Really excited to hear about the update of your package :sunglasses:
I was poking on @Dieter_Vermeulen to do something from the side of Autodesk to have a package like yours. It is an awesome and must have package for anybody dealing with Rebar in Revit. Thank you once again and please keep your good work :heart:

1 Like

Hello @Maximilian_Thumfart1,
Thanks for updating !! Keep up the good work.
greetings,
Dennis

Hi Max,
How are you doing on the update? :upside_down_face:
greetings,
Dennis

Hi,

I updated everything to 2.0 but there are some issues with the UI nodes - however its only affecting the dropdown nodes and you can easily work without them. So we’ll release an update next week.

Max

1 Like

Hi Guys, we just released the Dynamo 2.0 and Revit 2018 Version. Now there is another change for Revit 2019 as well. If you want a quickfix: Download the latest package and then replace the DynamoRebar.dll in
%AppData%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.0\packages\Dynamo for Rebar\bin
with this DLL:
https://github.com/tt-acm/DynamoForRebar/blob/master/DynamoRebar.dll?raw=true
We’ll update the package again soon.

4 Likes

@Maximilian_Thumfart1 Hey thanks for the update, but when I download the quickfix and replace it in the folder it removes the Dynamo for Rebar from the menu in Dynamo… Any advice?

Please make sure the dll is not blocked (properties).

1 Like