Railing on Balcony

Hello !!
I am trying to create railing over a balcony. For simple ones it is easy but sometimes balcony is somehow inner in the main floor as seen in the picture. I wanna get that red curves somehow as shown. I tried to get curves from balcony floor and geomerty (Solids) from main floor and tried intersection via SolidCurve intersection but somehow getting problem. Any good intersection node that can give me those red lines. Thanks in advance

Hi @shershahbacha9

Here is a possible solution for your problem.

At the end there are 4 curves extracted from the outside surface. The curve laying on the wall side has to be removed before feeding the final node.

@Meychik ,

i have trouble with the final part … the railing got not created :wink:

as far as I remember this node has to be fed with polycurves (you feed just with curves). Try to create a polycurve from the curves and to feed the node with it.

After intersection i get the inner curves, i want that outer three curves. How you got these three blue curves ?

@shershahbacha9 ,

as in my example … you can filter by length f.e. and indexing the lines

why have you used intersection? in the script difference gets used instead. As I mentioned before at the end you get four curves. One of them should be removed. There are many ways to do it. For instance, using vectors and the sum of vectors to check if two points on a wall side. Another option could be to select a wall side where two surfaces are intersected to create a coordinate system using this side and though transforming the all four points based on the coordinate system to identefy two points laying on the side.