I would like to create a Python node that creates a profile(family) for a precast concrete stair.
First of all i don’t expect complete solutions (this a learning project for me) but a little help would be much appreciated.
This is the workflow i have in mind.
- To start a “profile family” would be the active document.
The (above) node has three input values (for now).
- These input values have to be translated to (Dynamo)points.
- These points are then connected with (Dynamo)lines.
- The (Dynamo) lines have to be translated to (Revit) profile/detail lines.
- If the family already contains profile/detail lines it should get those lines, and replace them with the above 4 steps.
I have based the above steps on Nathan Miller’s Py-forms.
To start do you guys (and girls) have any thoughts and/or additions on this workflow ?