Pushing a formula to Excel from a Dynamo String

@Konrad_K_Sobon sorry about the triple post. The website kept saying Error404 when I’d save a post with an attachment, then on my 4th attempt I didn’t include the attachment, it proceeded and showed the other posts, along with the latest.

This works relatively easy with Bumblebee:

Where it get’s tricky is if you wanted to propagate that formula over a range of cells and have Excel auto fill the parameters. You can do that with code obviously but Bumblebee doesn’t support that yet, so you would have to kind of get nitty gritty like this:

Of course doing this with code would be super easy: Range(“F1:F20”).Formula = “=SUM(A1:E1)”

I will consider adding a node to Bumblebee to do that.

2 Likes

@Konrad_K_Sobon I’ve updated Bumblebee this morning to the published version on 5/27 and if a filePath is specified on “WRITE EXCEL” it fails with a runtime error. If I don’t connect the file path it executes as shown here.

File.FromPath is not a FilePath. It returns a different object type, i think its called FileInfo. Anyways, connect FilePath directly into the input.

Ah I duplicated my screenshot instead of the 3rd version that had the FilePath directly connected.

Read this: https://konradsobon.gitbooks.io/bumblebee-primer/content/120_write_data_to_excel.html

Please pay attention to what goes into Data input of BB Data. Also have a look at image I posted above and pay special attention to what kind of data goes into that same input.

Ahhh it had nothing to do with the data I was passing. I had the EXCEL file open when attempting to test it. I assumed it worked like the Dynamo Node, but then I see Live Mode Excel in section 1.3.0!

It’s not that. Latest Bumblebee doesn’t have Live Read Excel node anymore. Both modes are supported by just regular Read Excel and Write Excel nodes. I haven’t updated that document yet.

I was guessing that it was caused by the fact that you fed a single item into a data input. It should always be a list. Even if it contains just one item.