Project Clean Up - Script Failing in Background Document

I did. :disappointed:. The reason this change happened is because of the errors outlined in the following threads: (I specifically demo the crash in this thread and it is an icky crash)

In short, if you return the raw Autodesk.Revit.DB.Document from a node like the node you are showing, you are most certainly going to run into crashes any time you are in a run mode other than manual, (and even then, it can still crash).

I am currently working on another node that will retrieve the Autodesk.Revit.DB.Document by name to enable Rhythm node’s use with other nodes that require this input. But I want to be sure to do this in a way that prevents crashes which might be difficult…

FYI, if Orchid is working for you right now, then feel free to use that until I can catch up with my fix.

Also, I try to highlight changes on the Github as I develop the package as well. :slight_smile:Application and Document Bug Fixes · johnpierson/RhythmForDynamo@3e3fa88 · GitHub

Most of the most popular Dynamo packages are open source, so keeping an eye on the development is probably a good idea too :slight_smile:

3 Likes