Problem: inconsistent graphics from filled regions across 100+ views

PROBLEM: INCONSISTENT GRAPHICS FROM FILLED REGIONS ACROSS 100+ VIEWS

GOAL: MODIFY FILLED REGIONS WITHIN SPECIFIC WALL SECTION VIEWS

THOUGHTS ON HOW: USE THE FILTER* PARAMETER IN CONJUNCTION WITH A SPECIFIC VIEW FILTER TO OVERRIDE LINE STYLE OF FILLED REGIONS WITHIN THE SPECIFIC VIEWS

I’m fairly new to using Dynamo, and still am unclear about the big-picture correct order for pulling information from Revit to Dynamo. There are so many packages and nodes out there that the most-straightforward method to do this is a little hazy. For instance is it possible to determine what view and sheet a filled region came from if you grab all of them first? Seems to me I should start with views or sheets first… then filter down…
_
First I started here… (IMG1)
_
Then I thought I might need to do sheets first… (IMG2)

_
After working through it, I found a awesome node called List Views not on Sheets which really simplified things. (IMG3)

_
Here’s where I’m currently at… Struggling to get the specific field regions (concrete, metal etc,) within the wall section views. How can I get all the elements I need from the views I successfully filtered? (IMG4

)

ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!

Many thanks!

This is my first post. Am I in the right section? Could really use some help.

Not sure what you want to do… can you post a ‘before/after’ pic of what you are trying to change? I understand overriding elements, but I’m unclear if it’s by a filter or by overriding graphics in view or…

Hi Jacob. Thanks for the response. Here is an image that illustrates an instance of what I’m trying to do globally across sheets.

Let me know if any further clarification is needed.

hi @sellstb

Are u using viewtemplates?
I think this could ease the pain…

Marcel

Hi @Marcel_Rijsmus,

Yes, I am using a view template.

However, with my wall section views, I have numerous types of filled regions (such as concrete, metal, etc.) which need different lineweight.

@sellstb

Another question:
Do you have CutLineStyles active?

Marcel

I have a two part thing for you, as i feel the workflow you are doing is counter productive.

I see you are doing these in section views so why are you not using the actual object and applying the correct line and hatch type?

And for filled regions why are you not applying the correct line style to the right lines in the first place as they are drawn(no filter/overrides needed)?

forgetting the above i would see the process as this:

1. Get views.
  2. Filter to views you need
  3. Get all elements in view
  4. Filter elements to just regions
  5. Apply parameter depending on filled region
  6. Apply view template to view.

@Marcel_Rijsmus No I do not have CutLineStyles active. (We are turning the model off, and will only have the detail families, lines, filled regions, etc. in the end.

@Brendan_Cassidy I inherited 100+ Wall Sections with inconsistent graphics (filled regions already drawn with the wrong linetype, it would take hours to click on each view, select all instances of type, then correct them manually. Again, we are not going to have the model turned on in the end.

This obviously is not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. What I wanted to achieve seemed Dynamo could do easily. I’m really new at it and just here to learn.

Did you guys look at the last part of the image above? I was more hoping to get some recommendations on specific nodes to use to filter out the regions within the views, it seems I have the correct views that I want to collect from…

The last part of the image is where I’m not sure what my next steps are…

Thanks for your patience…

The filtering all depends on how you want to group things together because you may have to get a parameter then filter by results. Or you may want the family name then filter by that. Or you may want to group by certain names.

What is the common theme between all of the elements you are getting and what you are after.

1. Filtering results down you will use the contains node and if true you will use filter by boolean.
  2. Grouping is done by a node that has group within its name and there has been posts about that within the forum somewhere.