"Polycurves may be branching"

hi huys,

im new at dynamo/bim word. about 8 months experience

for now, im trying to create an acess floor with georeferenced points by the surveyor, but cat figure out why i keep getting this message “Polycurves may be branching”, points are ordered and getting the rigth coordinates.

(42.8 KB) PONTOS COTADOS - MF.xlsx (10.2 KB) ACESSO POR PONTOS COTADOS.dyn (38.4 KB)

@joaoprezotto Check Your Point Coordinates which should be under Revit limits for creating floor outline curves and you can create topography by using these points.
else to create a flat slab and add points to the slab
From your points

but i dont want to create a topography… this is a floor that already exists on the topography and i have the points. i just want to create the existing floor with the points. the image u sent dont correpond to the existing floor

this floor on the left should be the floor i want to create on revit

heeeelp

hei,
then i think it something wrong with the data because i get the same shape as @thiru2jack.

the script i dependent on clockwork and springsfloorpoints.dyn (50.6 KB)

@joaoprezotto or its maybe me who didnt understand the question is more likely.

is this what you where trying to create?floorpoints 2.0.dyn (67.2 KB)

something near to this.
this is the existing road on the sewage treatment station im working

the pic is the access raised by the surveyor

i have clockwork 2.3 installed, but cant get the custom node u used to this. Theres another way to convert this point ? can u give me a better explanation on what im doing when i transform dynamo points to “revit basepoints” ?

floorpoints 2.0.dyn (84.0 KB)

i removed the custom node so now it should work.and you can se what im doing to place world coordinates in to a shared site model. but it seems that a point is missing in the point list.

ACESSO POR PONTOS COTADOS.dyn (72.6 KB)

im trying that way, but cant figure out why i getting this coordenades on geometry transform

also, i tryed your dynamo, and its get the rigth x and y coordinates but the wrong elevation, putting the floor 412m from the origin point not from the base point

what version of revit are you running? pre revit 2020 the handelig of orgins was a bit different so that might be the reason the script isnt working as intended.

the script should insert the floor into the model from your basepoint. dont think is it possible that it sets it out from anywhere else? aleast thats what it does on my end. tested by setting basepoint as the first point in the list. if you send me the location and rotation of your project i could test it out.

first, thank you for the masterclass u gave me on this post.
sending you the small changes i did on the script, so it gaves the rigth elevation to the flor but still getting wrong position.image

also, im copyng coordinates from the georreferenced dwg by the surveyor to my main model, and publishing then to linked projects. for that reason, i think my angle is 0
ACESSO POR PONTOS COTADOS.dyn (124.9 KB)

also, that is the rigth position for the floor

now i cant understand why you basepoint have different coordinates from mine

Dont think about that i just picked a random basepoint close to the floor(the first point in the list) so revit would have a basepoint close to the floor and create the geometry correct. at my end it seems to end up correctly even when using the basepoint you provided. i didnt understand to much of your script and what it where supposed to do(becuse of the language barrier). I hope youll figure it out:)

im trying this from revit 2020.1 in home, but using 2020.2 in the office

ACESSO POR PONTOS COTADOS.dyn (91.9 KB)
it worked out that way. did the coordinate base change by vector distance

2 Likes