Point to Point Dimension Automation for Curtain Wall Panels

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to automating dimensions of curtain wall panels with Dynamo in Revit. I am very new to Dynamo and would appreciate any help.

I see there are quite a few solutions for automating dimensions of curtain wall panels using the Curtain wall grid, however i want to know if its possible to dimension between a particular point inside the curtain panel.

I have a vertical Sawtooth Facade(see attached plan screenshot), with each curtain wall panel comprising of one L shape (2 glass panels). I need to dimension between the points marked X(an edge of a vertical extrusion) along the entire length of the curtain wall.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Possible? I think so.
Easy enough to walk you through without more information as to how your model was built? I don’t believe so.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for replying so quickly!

A bit more info about how the curtain wall panel was created.
Please see attached image(one panel is highlighted in blue. It contains 3 nested families(the 2 vertical double pane glass panels and 1 glass awning panel) which are generic models, and 3 extrusions which are also generic models(these are aluminium framing pieces). The dimensions i want to create will be from a corner(in plan) of one of these extrusions to the same point in the Curtain panel adjacent.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again!