Placement of railing on stringer(Support) for stair

Hi all,

I am stuck in the mid of the placement of railing on stringer. Actually I want to place railing on the top of stringer beam(which is support to stair) which is mainly for inclined members.

For horizontal stringer it is working fine but for inclined stringer I am facing issues. Please help me out and thanks in advance. PFA for your reference

Railing placement based on type.dyn (169.1 KB)

@shashank.baganeACM ,

i post a foto with higer resolution…

KR
Andreas

1 Like

@Draxl_Andreas yeah but this is not working

My guess is that the node is flattening there lines received by pulling it into the sketch plane - this would be how the UI works after all. Note that all of those lines are flat on the sketch plane (perhaps why you used pt1 for the Z instead of all the pts?). Those sketch lines must always be planar, with changes in the Z value manipulated by updating the offset height and the slope/flat boolean toggle. Sadly the ability to set the offset height has not been added to the API as far as I know, so controlling that may not be possible.

Hi @jacob.small Thanks for your valuable response.
I have picked the inclined beam and the location will be the inclined curve/line only. So I am making it flat by extracting points (start point and end points of location line). The flat line will be on planar(horizontal).

As per your suggestion I am using the flat line only
but the result is as follows in the snip

Kindly let me know how I can achieve the railing on the inclined beam ?

As far as I am aware, only railings drawn ‘flat’ or hosted to an element (in this case you would likely want the stair not just a stringer) can be created via the api. So to the best of my knowledge you cannot do this.

1 Like

Okay thanks @jacob.small . My issue is while I try to give or pick inclined beam as host, it is not allowing. So this issue is making me difficult to achieve this. Anyway I appreciate your valuable time and responses. Thank you so much for letting me know.