Place multiple views on multiple sheets by coordinates

You are only giving one set of co-ordinates. Look up just a few posts in the thread to see why it isn’t working.

Jack

Nope. See the picture.
problem

Hey Gaby,

I was replying to someone else’s post earlier in the thread. I probably shouldn’t have replied to it considering how long ago he posted it. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem :slight_smile: Maybe somebody can help me :slight_smile:

I have tested it and it works with both methods.

Have you all verisons (Revit, Dynamo, Packages…) up to date?

Revit 2018.2 (also 2018.1)
Dynamo 1.3.2 (also 1.3.1)

Are you sure you are testing with the same scenario as in the picture?
Thank you!

I think so:

Could you share your graf?

Im a new user and the forum doesnt let me upload.
But I have them uploaded here:
https://www.certificatenergetic24h.ro/test_dynamo.zip
inthe zip you will find the revit file and the dynamo one.

Does my file works for you?
Or can you share yours to see if it works here?

I had tested it in Run Manual and had no problem. In Run Automatic it freezes for me too. We haven´t found the reason, but at least you have a solution. Let us know if you test it more.

I will test tomorow the manual thing :slight_smile:
Not anymore at the office…
Hope it will work :slight_smile:
A big Thank You
I’ll let you know about the result.

On manual mode it works. I wonder why.
In dynamo player also works but the player mention that there were some errors. Anyway, the same error message has with the original manual view list input. Maybe there are some hidden bugs.
Thank you.

Hi @Kotey.Nikoi,

Thanks for sharing this script. I used it in the past with a very similar pattern at it worked perfectly well. I am now trying to achieve the same but only selecting a single view and sheet , however there’s something that I’m doing wrong or missing because the script won’t place the view into the sheet and the preview of the view on Dynamo has a weird shape.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Or you can try other solutions; one is like this,

This node will align the viewports , based on your given template sheet viewports locations.

2 Likes

hi dan,
really great effort thanks a lot
I downloaded your script but the coordinates didn’t work probably y direction didn’t work and x direction placing it diagonally so can you help
thanks again

@Daniel_Woodcock1 This is all fantastic… Have been using this recently to automate view placement and it works great. Question - does Revit treat drafting views differently? For some reason when trying to apply your python node to drafting views (their placement on sheets) it doesn’t work…

What are your thoughts on this?

MJ

I’m hoping someone can help me out. I’ve read through the thread and I have accomplished placing a single schedule view on a single sheet. However, I am having trouble placing a the different schedules views on multiple sheets. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong currently. Based off the one that works and the one that doesn’t, it seems like the sheets list is different.

On the single sheet and single view it works.

On the script where I try to write a different schedule to its correlating assembly sheet it doesn’t work.

Any input?

G4.Sheet에 배치된 View layout 맞추기.dyn (76.0 KB)
G3.Sheet에 배치된 View 크기 맞추기.dyn (56.6 KB)

2 Likes

See my post Placing Multiple Views on Multiple Sheets for a possible answer.

Sorry to bother, any idea on why am getting this warning?

Super thank you!

Looks like you are feeding a string of the view names, not the view objects into IN[2].

If that doesn’t fix things then it is best to start a new topic though as this is a 2 year old thread which already has a solution. Be sure to provide the files required (including a full image export of your graph at this view, the dyn and any other external files to run this).

2 Likes