Place multiple views on multiple sheets by coordinates

Hi @mickael.g,

As @Kotey.Nikoi mentioned. The inputs for Views and Locations need to be nested by one level. Use List.Create after each of those and plug them into their respective ports on the PlaceViewsOnSheet (Py) node. This should fix it.

Basically, as mentioned earlier in this same thread…

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Yep, it works !! I didn’t understand the “nested” thing, since I use Dynamo in French ^^
Thanks everyone for your help :smiley:

2 Likes

could you also share your excel file?

1 Like

Hi @Architecture_Faster,

Which Excel file are you referring to?

1 Like

nevermind i was looking at the wrong link

1 Like

@Daniel_Woodcock1 @Kotey.Nikoi
I think I’m close to getting this to work - I don’t receive any errors, but I get
"[0] ‘str’ object has no attribute"
(Context: I’m trying to place a single legend on all of the Installation sheets)

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

If you have not done yet add a flatten node to your view and location list and feed that to the input. Try that and let us know.

1 Like

Not entirely sure but it doesn’t look like you’re feeding actual sheets, but feeding a string that describes the sheet type, into the sheet input of the node.

My guess is you’re trying to filter a particular sheet type? Once you’ve done that you need those filtered sheet elements (ending with the green id number similar to what you’re seeing with the views) to be inputted into the sheet input of the node. Let us know how that works.

2 Likes

Hi @ckroenke,

I think that @Kotey.Nikoi may be correct. Let us know if this works, if not could you either add you .dyn file or a larger image showing a little more of the graph so we can see what is being ported into the node.

Cheers,
Dan

3 Likes

The only change that I made from yesterday’s post was adding the Parameter.Id node. I don’t know how to get that list to filter out the specific sheet types (Installation) or how to get the element id from the list of sheet types. I apologize if there’s an easy way that I’m overlooking; I’m fairly new to Dynamo.

Thanks for the help in advance, you guys are awesome.

2 Likes

I think you are still using the wrong data as input. It’s pretty late here and I’m squinting as the resolution is pretty poor on my phone, but I believe the output of the AllElementsOfCategory need to be plugged into the FilterByBool node. You are not passing the sheets elements currently, rather just an attribute.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
Dan

3 Likes

Some pretty awesome stuff here guys. Just wondering if this python incorporates drafting views and 3d views?

1 Like

Hi @LiAmC,

The node should be able to handle most view types. I’ve tested with 3D views and these are fine, I haven’t tested with drafting views, but I don’t see why they won’t work.

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Success!! Thanks again!
Not all heroes wear capes

3 Likes

Nope, that’s true. Some of them prefer lycra! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad you got it working!

4 Likes

Was the previous issue ever solved about placing schedules on sheets? I’m using the same .dyn as I posted earlier, but with a schedule view instead of a legend, but can’t place them on sheets though.

Schedule

I read through this thread but couldn’t find any answers, since I used your PlaceViewsOnSheetByLocation.dyn as my template.

1 Like

Hi @ckroenke,

Could you post your .dyn please? Schedules should work and have in all the testing I’ve done so far.

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

In the “Get Views By Name” group, the Power Plan Notes and Keyed Notes are in my project as schedules, and the Conduit Color Legend is a legend - which is the one I got to work for me.

PlaceViewsOnSheet.dyn (48.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi @ckroenke,

Just had a look at your .dyn file and you are using an old version of the node. It was pointed out earlier in this thread that the node didn’t handle schedule properly (at all) and I incorporated this feature. See this post for the new node…

This should sort out your issue. At some point I will just chuck this in a package and you can download it. Seems pretty popular.

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought that’s the .dyn that I started mine with. It works now, so that’s amazing.

Thanks again @Daniel_Woodcock1 !

2 Likes