Pipe pressure loss calculations due to change in elevation for domestic water system

I have an idea but don’t know how to implement and where should i start.

I wanna calculate pipe pressure loss for domestic water system, in other way, want to calculate pump head.

In Revit, all you can get is pipe friction loss, Revit doesn’t take into account losses due to change in elevation.

Want to make a method to highlight the critical path which is sum of “friction + static + residual” pressure losses and to create a report similar to Revit report.

This solution to be based on the selection of pipes not the whole system, just highlight the criitical path for the selected pipes.

Can anybody help !

Did you see this conversation?

You can use the ‘Invert Elevation’ parameter in a pipe to get its vertical offset from the model origin. You can use this in a pipe schedule to calculate the static pressure, but it would be nice to add it to a parameter for all pipes.

The static pressure is always going to be relative to the highest open pipe in a system, so you could use dynamo to get the location of all pipes, sort by system, find the highest per system (Or maybe the highest Plumbing Fixture if the pump is the open end?), then calculate the static pressure for all the other pipes relative to that height and push it into a parameter.

Bring able to find the critical path would be useful (At the moment I just select what I think is the longest path and use a “Is Critical” yes/no parameter to mark and filter it) but that would require calculating the total pressure between the pump and every possible route…

Exactly that’s what i need to be done, making dynamo calculates the total pressure between the pump and every possible route.

I think it is not related to my question.

Do you think revit calculates pressure loss accurately? How? Single valve can change whole loss.
Coeficients are good? Forget about it.
You ask for whole solution for free, don’t expect real help without showing your work.

1 Like