Phase name for proposed but not others

I’ve fed all my walls into this node to find which phase they were created on.

Why do the ones created on the “Proposed Works” phase say the name of the phase but the ones created on the other phases say the phase number instead?

Why don’t indexes 301 - 312 say, “Phase 0”?

Happens on other projects too.

@jacob.small , @solamour do you guys know why?

1 Like

@Alien ,

hahaha look what in Austria happens

What happens when you have more than 1 phase?

@Alien ,

i randomly asinged phases

So my Dynamo is broken? :expressionless:

@Alien ,

hahahaha… Dynamo breaks always me! :wink:

1 Like

What version of Revit/Dynamo? You can always go through python to ensure you’re getting consistent outputs.

I tried to replicate the problem, but I don’t get the output you’re getting weirdly enough.
Could you provide a .rvt file where it happens to rule out (or confirm) if its an environment issue?

No idea why… it is very strange behavior though! In the Structural Sample Model, with a couple of additional phases, I’m getting a normal output.

I can’t say I’ve seen or heard of this before, and also can’t reproduce. Best guess is that it’s either a worksharing issue (your project is workshared, right?) or a system setting (localization perhaps). Checking the coded values via Python as @Nick_Boyts recommended is a great first step.

Revit 21.1
Dyno 2.6.1

What are the elements that are returning just names? Can you share a stripped down version of the model?

It’s the walls… We have 3 phases at work.
Standards
Existing
Proposed Works

So I think it’s something weird with our company template as I just started a blank model and recreated the phases and I didn’t get the same result!

If it’s not a bug it’s making me think that something else is controlling the phase for those elements, eg. curtain wall, group, something else, and that’s causing the value to be a string instead of the actual element. Can you use Revit Lookup to snoop the parameter value or recreate with python?

MOOSE.rvt (3.5 MB)

So this is using work’s Revit template… I’ve drawn 1 wall in each phase.

When I run the script on there I get that weird output.

1 Like

I am going to guess it has something to do with the fact that the phase has an ElementId of 0.

3 Likes

How’s that even happen?
Can I blame the BIM manager at work? :smiley:

1 Like

Audit the template, then save a copy and see if anything odd happens with file size/element IDs. Also things which are deeply nested (ie: phases) get weird with non-workshared files, so double check that the .rvts you are working with have worksharing set up and nothing marked as ‘owned’.

1 Like

I noticed it when I ran some scripts on some of the company models, they’re all workshared and nothing was owned.