Passthrough Node

Hello,

I’m trying to use Passthrough node here.

The ‘long list create’ is bunch of nodes that I would like to run BEFORE python script (Clockwork’s Genius Loci’s Synchronize Central in Document Node).

Current Document node is connected to IN10 which is Document. Boolean is connected to RelinquishBorrowedElements. I want this graph to automatically relinquish all the borrowed elements from this current document then close.

However I am getting False value. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

It’s impossible to know what’s going on without seeing the python code.

hello the Python code is literally what SynchronizeWithCentral in Document node is.

Thank you very much!

The code defaults to the active document if one is not supplied. All the other inputs need values.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

I just tried feeding in all the values but still throwing false value. The project that I have right now is NOT a detached project either.

Hi,
You try to use a different kind of document not compatible with custom nodes :

I don’t know what are the actions you perform before synchronizing.
The problem is not in the custom node but in your definition.

With current document :
synchronize

1 Like

Thank you very much @Alban_de_Chasteigner

I know the default value of ‘document’ is the current document (revit project opened). However, I was facing errors just like what you have so I tried to figure out different ways of using this node. May I ask what runMe exactly does? because when I put true value to runMe it throws an error,

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 44, in
Exception: The input argument “comment” of function Autodesk::Revit::Proxy::DB::SynchronizeWithCentralOptionsProxy::Comment::set or one item in the collection is null at line 187 of file D:\Ship\2021_px64\Source\Revit\RevitDBAPI\gensrc\APISyncWithCentralOptionsProxy.cpp.
Parameter name: comment

It either causes the larger function to attempt to run, or just return static values.

You’ll need to post a more complete data set, as it appears you’re passing a non-standard document which is the root cause for the issue you’re having.

Hello,

I have a quick question,
I took everyone’s advice and tried to work something out. Found out Document.SynchronizeWithCentral (the older version from Clockwork) works better for me.

However, I tried to explode the node out into Python Script and tried the same thing but getting a null value.

I am literally using the same script as the node but getting an error.

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 35, in
Exception: The input argument “comment” of function Autodesk::Revit::Proxy::DB::SynchronizeWithCentralOptionsProxy::Comment::set or one item in the collection is null at line 187 of file d:\ship\2019_px64\source\revit\revitdbapi\gensrc\APISyncWithCentralOptionsProxy.cpp.
Parameter name: comment

What would be the cause of that?

Thank you very much guys

The inputs probably had default values that allowed the python node to run if nothing was supplied by the user. You should just need to provide inputs.

2 Likes