Document.Synchronize To Central Node from Clockwork

Hello everyone,

I’m using Document.SynchronizeToCentral node for my script along with 20 other graphs.
My idea is - ‘run all the 20 graphs first and relinquish before closing’.

This is what I did

My question is does Document.SynchronizeToCentral node automatically runs at the end? I have 20 different graphs in one dynamo file, what would be the sequence? lastly, do I need to use passthrough if I want to achieve what I’m looking for? I dont want the node to relinquish/sync before all 20 graphs have been finished.

Thanks much guys and let me know if you have more question!

No, it will run when it receives all inputs.

Graphs are Dynamo files, so I’ll assume you have 20 disconnected branches. Joint them together and use a wait method to hand off the valid input to the clockwork node.

Yes.

Unrelated to your question, breaking out custom nodes into Python like this is going to make a LOT of extra work for yourself. Leverage the packages as they are instead of trying to rebuild the wheel, otherwise you will own updating the python in every copy of every dyn you distribute as the technology changes.

1 Like

I’d say you’re going about this all wrong. Breaking out a Python block from a custom package is a sure fire way not to get the help you need from the developers as well.

Try this batch processor app which can run Dynamo scripts and save/sync models when it’s done. They have an issues area for any questions related to it on the git.

thank you for the suggestion!

The reason why Im breaking out custom nodes into Python is because I have projects from Revit 2017-2022 and every Revit versions have different versions of the package (and I also tried having the same version throughout but sometimes it causes errors)

hey Gavin thank you for the response!
I’m already using that batch processor and it seems like the developer stopped doing any updates due to his personal responsibilities thus the forum is pretty dead and no one is active…

1 Like

How are you dealing with the API changes, such as the 2022 change in units? How do you deal with zero touch nodes in packages like BiMorph, Archi-Lab and Rhythm?

The ‘easy’ way to do it is to push the latest version of the package for that year to the system. In some cases this is always the latest release, in other cases it is a bit more involved. In all cases it’s less technical debt and easier to get the right build on the system than it is to reinvent the wheel every time.

3 Likes

Yes I suspected this app would go dormant eventually, a shame! Let’s hope they’re maintaining it over at BVN internally at least, would be a sad end to an ambitious app otherwise.

1 Like