Passthrough hard code syntax

@Vikram_Subbaiah @jacob.small sorry to bug you guys (and lost access to my old account so I cant tag Nick)

Can someone either point me to the right post (I;ve seen it before but cant find it) or just send a screenshot?

I cant get the passthrough/waitfor code syntax to hard code into a code block? I cant get the old clockwork one to work.

thank you so much!!

Got it;
here it is in case anyone else runs into this issue:

5 Likes

Note that this is the syntax for Dynamo 1.x flavors. In 2.x you will want [waitfor,passthrough][1];.

Glad you found it all the same. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jacob.small thanks for clarifying that, I meant to post that revision after beating my head on the desk and searching google for what the error was in 2.x! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will both of these work the same?
I like my lacing organized so I’m wondering if the order matters.

Order doesn’t matter, but you need to make sure the index aligns to what you are expecting to pass, so in the lower option the index would be 0 not 1.

Also if you want to wait for many things gather all of the many into one list or make multiple ‘WaitFor’ entries - something like this [passthrough, a,b,c,d,e,f][0]; will result in passing the data into the passthrough node after the data for passthrough, a, b, c, d, e, and f are all received.

1 Like

Oh, nice! Thank you! That makes sense.

1 Like