Package StructuralFraming.DisallowJoins not working

Hi,

I’m trying to get the StructuralFraming.DisallowJoins node by MartinB2 working in my graph.

I noticed it wasn’t doing anything when I run my graph, so copy pasted the python code from the custom node into my graph. It returns an error as follows:

I had a look at the code but I am very inexperienced at python, so help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps the node is importing a now obsolete function?

The reason this is happening is that the lists that you are passing are perhaps nested beyond that of the what has been coded in python or that the node doesn’t handle lists.

If it is nested lists, you could adjust your lacing to longest on the original node. You cannot adjust lacing on python nodes.

If it the node doesn’t handle lists, you need to put a for loop. For example…

For e in elems:
…do something

If someone doesn’t pick this up before I get to a computer I’ll give you some new code that will work.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi @sski,

You will find this python code will work as you want it to. I have added inputs for you to choose at which end you wish to disallow joins also. The Start and End inputs can take either a single value or a number of values that match the number of framing elements you are passing. Have a look at the code as it will help you understand what might have been wrong with the other node.

FramingDisallowJoins.dyn (8.8 KB)

You can always create your own local package if you want to have this in the library panel so you don’t have to keep copying and pasting from one file to another.

Cheers,
Dan

2 Likes

Thank you Daniel it was nice and clean