Recently I created small node to change drawing parameters of Civil 3D for myself and wanted sharing it with everybody. That Package called “Civil3D.CustomNodes”
At present time package include nodes:
First node is null (public class that haven’t actions).
- Node AssignCoordinateSystem is assign coordinate system of drawing from User’s input string. Note: there are no checking if User’s input is valid CS code in MAPCSLIBRARY.
- Node ChangeDrawingUnitsToFeet changes Unit’s system of drawing to Feet independently of drawing’s parameters
- Node ChangeDrawingUnitsToMeters changes Unit’s system of drawing to Metric independently of drawing’s parameters
- Node ChangeDrawingUnitsToMetersBool changes Unit’s system of drawing to Metric with input bool parameter = false (from f.e. CheckDrawingUnitsToEqualMeter). Otherwise Unit’s system resetting to Imperial
- Node CheckDrawingUnitsToEqualFeet return true, if Units of drawing = Feet and false if isn’t.
- Node CheckDrawingUnitsToEqualMeter return true, if Units of drawing = Meters and false if isn’t.
- Node GetDrawingUnits return Units of current drawing as “Meters” ot “Feet” as string
All descriptions are available in Package (XML’s file near compiled DLL).
Note: you can press “make output” with node ChangeDrawingUnitsToMeters and start him in Dynamo Player for each drawing (it work as one single function). If you want change Units to imperial - start node ChangeDrawingUnitsToFeet. Below small video to demonstrate it process:
Next time (nearest days I will public them at GitHub) and add to them some other functions to change other drawing properties.