Overwrite Fontsize in specific view

Hi :slight_smile:,

we need your help and ideas :smiley:

We have some problems with the text height in views with a different scale. For example in 1:200 the text height feels correct and at 1:50 it is too large.

For this reason, IĀ“m building a script, which copies the text objects, changes the font size and hides the ā€œoldā€ ones. Unfortunately, this is no clean solution, because of the ā€œparallelā€ working.

Is there any way to manipulate the text height in a specific view, where it appears too large, without changing the appearance in the other view which shows the same plan in a different scale?

Hi @Jannis,

I think I would:

• Predefine the sizes i would need as types
  • Collect all text elements and query their owner view
  • Get the scale from the owner view
  • Set the type of the text elements accoringly to the scale

I think this is doable, but I canā€™t say Iā€™ve tested it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @MartinSpence,
thanks for taking the time to answer to my question :slight_smile:

But what happens if a text element is shown in two views? For example one is 1:50 and the other one 1:100. If I change the type in one view, it will change in the other view, too.

This would be a problem, because in the 1:100 the fontsize is quite nice.

If I print both plans at the same time I would have a problem, because 1:100 has would have a wrong size, because I optimised it for the 1:50 view :frowning:

Text element are annotations and thus view specific. This is what would enable us to call the owner view. 3D elements donā€™t have this ability.
So I think the approach I suggested will work. If your text elements are in groups, there might be an issue though.
Test it and see how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Jannis,
I face the same problem, Did you find a solution for that?