Order of Operations

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you need, I can provide some guidance about the graph.
Thank you so much in advance!

@joaofmoco - Are you getting pop-up errors like this? If so, they may be causing the issues. Either that, or Iā€™m just getting them using a default Structural Framing Type as I donā€™t have yours :smiley:

Iā€™m not getting any errors. Iā€™m only getting some warnings early in the graph. But they donā€™t affect the process.

1 Like

Theoretically I canā€™t see anything wrong with your use of the PassThrough node if itā€™s as described above, or in my image below (Note: Nodes look different because Iā€™m in Dynamo 2.13 / Revit 2023).

The PDF set of instructions should never kick-off before you have finished creating the Structural Elements and Setting their parameters.

I didnā€™t manage to get the graph working as intended though as my set-up (Revit template) etc. is different to yours, but I donā€™t think this matters in theory.

Any thoughts @jacob.small ?

Iā€™m going to provide my Revit template for you to test the script. Maybe that can help

Template.rvt (3.4 MB)

Using your template @joaofmoco I get the following result - is this what were after?

And thatā€™s inside the PDF?
If so, yes thatā€™s the result weā€™re after!
Thank you for the massive help :smiley:

Views donā€™t necessarily regenerate the graphics on the page until the transaction is completed. If you find that PDF exports arenā€™t showing the final output, a Transaction.End node followed by a Transaction.Start node will usually do the trick.

If things persist, try inserting those after the final modification, and just before PDF export node.

1 Like

Hello Jacob and thank you for your reply,

I have tried the Transaction nodes before the PDF export and after the final modification. However, it was still producing the same result (PDF export executing first).
Maybe itā€™s because the Structural Framing node was disconnected. Iā€™m going to try it and see

Hello everyone,

The graph just needed a few tweaks but itā€™s (finally) running the structural framing before the PDF export. Thank you all for the tips and help :slight_smile:

However, thereā€™s still the issue of the PDF export not working because of Print Range. When I try ā€œSelectā€, it brings up that the printer is not connected. When I try other modes ("Currentā€ and ā€œVisibleā€), it brings up this exception:

ā€œTraceback (most recent call last):
File ā€œā€, line 156, in
File ā€œā€, line 101, in PrintView
Exception: This property is only available when user choose Select of Print Range.ā€

What might be causing this? I know itā€™s one of the PDF export parameters but Iā€™m not quite sure which one it is. Any suggestions?
I apologize in advance for bothering, Iā€™m new to Dynamo.

1 Like

The only change to the graph I made was what I originally said above by connecting in the end of the Structural Framing workflow into the PassThrough node :slight_smile:

So, theoretically this should be a good place to start. Beyond that, you may need to also add in the Transaction nodes as Jacob mentioned.

The PDF node itself is from a package, which means itā€™s been built in a certain way. This error message is stating that it has been coded to only work with the Select option from Print Settings.

Thank you so much! I made it work now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you got it working :raised_hands:

1 Like