Opposite to list.create?!

is there a way possible to break down a list into all the items separately?

for example: i have a list of 10 items, and i want to get them separately, do i need to place get item at index for each item? or i can get a node which has 10 outputs, each item separeted?

Hi !
Maybe this is what you are looking for :

1 Like

you can also use the level tool in the node following your list, just click on the arrow near the input,
but it is not always necessary, given dynamo “works” on list :

1 Like

and if you need to do differents actions on each item you can use that kind of process (which works only with lists with same structure i think) :

1 Like

no thats not it.
let me put it in other words; i want a node with input as a list and outputs as a number of items in that list! so only one input, and multiple outputs.
if you look at the list.create node, the inputs are items right? and the output is a list, right? i want the total opposite to that!

I see…i think such node doesn’t exist as native one…maybe is there a package which provide it…
Maybe you have to find another way to do what you want. Depends on what you want to do at the end.

1 Like

The problem here is what you’re explaining is not efficient, programming is not about splitting an efficient data structure, in this case, a list that can use for loops, into single elements that you have to parse one by one. Let us know what is the problem you’re trying to solve and we will be able to help you better.

1 Like

this kind of problem occurs all the time, i get a list of items and i want to use the items separately. so i repeat; as said in the question above; “i have a list of 10 items, and i want to get them separately, do i need to place get item at index for each item? or i can get a node which has 10 outputs, each item separated?”

When I have to do this (and it’s very rarely a thing you need to do), I use design script.
a[0];
a[1];
a[2];
a[3];
etc.

What is the reason you want to do this? What is the next planned node in the sequence?

2 Likes

Well actually @jacob.small , i want to make multiple schedules using categories. so Im gonna use these user selected categories using the script you wrote above :blush:
is there any other way to do that?!

Yes - feed the lost of categories into both the String.FromObject node and the Schedule.Create node. You may have to adjust the list levels and lacing along the way. This will run orders of magnitude faster than breaking it up.

but i dont actually know what im gonna do if i get more than 3 categories? :confused:

like this? @jacob.small? this doesnt work

List lacing and levels. What is your error?

1 Like

the wall is giving a null, although it doesn’t give null when done separately.

i dont know the trick with the lacing, sorry to irritate you so much

Not irritating. Need to know what the specific error stated is though.

Can you expand the yellow pop up and copy the text to here?

1 Like

I ve put the lacing to the longest and it working fine now. @jacob.small

but seems like the results have to fixed by the level thing. tell me what were you gonna suggest for the list levels and lacing?

That would be it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well the results are coming in 5 levels :roll_eyes: how do i fix that @jacob.small ?