Only selecting element from "Link Model" which is visible in "Active View"

i tried to get element visible in active view(Floor plan) from the link model, it was working well in the sample model (Revit 2024) i created but when i tried it in our live model (revit 2022) it is showing “empty list”.
does anyone have anyidea what going wrong here, i tried forum other solution and other custom packages but nothing is working

Is longest lacing necessary on the last node? What happens on auto?

Hi @pyXam with Auto, it is still same “Empty List”

Mm… without looking at the code foe the last node i cant help sorry, in my part of the world it is nighttime so hopefully someone else can solve this for you overnight :slight_smile:

try changing the crop view turn on in Revit.
It might work

see in the sample project it is working fine

this is a custom node from Genius Loci

code:-

Hi @SailishCephas, thanks for your input
I tried but it didnt worked for me

i think the problem is with link when i remove the node from input it workd for main model

may be the problem is with link. if you are moving the link manually after linking the transform may cause an issue. check for the link whether it is linked properly. but without the rvt document can’t come to a conclusion

Hi @SailishCephas , it is linked through Intern origin to orgin via ACC folder system
sorry can’t share the model as it is a live one

Hi @SailishCephas purpose of the script is to create a wall on the same location of Arch model (Linked) based on active view.

in sample model i was able to “Get location” of walls pf linked model and used this curve to create a wall in my own structural model

Ok. Then try checking the links.

If that is the purpose, why can’t you try copy/monitor option in Revit to copy the elements from the linked model? Are there any constraints in that?

@Vinay The sample model is not workshared right?? and also the main model is coming from ACC and the sample model is not, is that correct??

I tried to recreate the issue but couldn’t as it’s working perfectly in my case, it’ll be helpful if u could recreate and post the file with issue.

Yes sample model is not from ACC it is just created by myself to test the script.

Does it worked on work-shared model ??

Yes it did for me.