Nurbscurve by points with Degree

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create nurbscurve by using points with a certain degree , in this case i want 7 degree curve.
when i try to connect the curve degree node to Nurbscurve.by points node the curve losses it shape
When i disconnect curve degree node, i get the curve with some spans
So could someone explain how do i achieve the required 7 degree curve

Screenshot 2

Use NurbsCurve.ByControlPoints Instead:

Hello Kulkul
I tried to use this node nurbscurve.by control points , the resultant curve will not be passing through the given points . It will have deviation from the actual curve

Sorry I think I have not explained what I am looking for

1. I am trying to achieve the output curve as
    shown in first image
  2. I should be able to control the degree of the
    curve like in this case 7 degree
  3. It should not deviate from the actual curve like
    0.01 mm to 0.02 mm max

@siddhardha.mjm I may be wrong, but I don’t think what you are asking for is possible yet in Dynamo. It would be an approximation problem which has to be solved (best fit of a curve of degree 7 through the required points). It seems to me that such approximations currently will use a one curve with multiple spans approach, with each span having a degree of 3.

1 Like

Hello Michael,
Thankyou for your reply .
I think we require further controls on the output geometry , like currently alias have .For example Explict control to control the span and degree of surface and Curve .

Yes, understood, we have to figure out what the best way is to achieve this, as it is not trivial, but it is on our list!

1 Like