Number of wall joints

Hi,

i have been tasked with trying to come up with a way that you could count the number of wall joints in a building and what type of joint. for example a corner, crossing or if there are any walls that are not connected.

Any one got any ideas?

Much apreciated,

Tom

Tom,

This is a depressing task. I hope this cheers you up:

You can query the wall for all of the above properties like so:

Capture

This the code used in Python node:

Capture

This should do it. The outputs are in the following order:

1. Is Wall Join Allowed at Start of Wall

2. Is Wall Join Allowed at End of Wall

3. Join Type at Start of Wall

4. Join Type at End of Wall

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply, I keep getting the following error message.

Any idea why ?

Wall Joint Type

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<string>”, line 43, in <module>
File “<string>”, line 27, in ProcessList
File “<string>”, line 27, in <lambda$40>
NameError: global name ‘_func’ is not defined

Check your spelling. This seems like an error that a case of misspelled variables would throw.

Good morning,

thank you for your help through this it is much appreceated as im new to dynamo and never touched python before.

it seemes to be working ( to a degree)

my output seems to be giving the same reading far all the walls, am i mis understanding it or have i made an error some where please see the images below…

Wall Joint Out Put

It seems like all of the walls will have that condition unless you specifically change it. Try using the wall join tool and modify one or two conditions. Then re-fresh the Dynamo definition and see if it also refreshed. When that happens it means that all walls have a default value assigned at creation and then it is only changed when wall join is modified manually. Remember that revit will automatically join walls unless specifically asked not to do so.

Try that and let me know if the definition is responding. If it is, then definition is not a problem. If its not then i can see if there are mistakes in it.

thank you for your help with this… one last question (Sorry)

is there a way to pull throught the angle of a joint, if wall has been allowed to join… please see image bellow

Angle

This is great so far thank you…

I have been playing around with it for a few days now and was wandering if we could try and do some further work on it to make it extremly usable …

create an out put that reads T Junction, Angle (Miter), Cross, Abut.

all of these would need two out puts ‘PLAIN’ and ‘IREGULAR’

PLAIN - is would be the out put when the two walls that meet are of the same types.

IREGULAR - This is where they are of different types.

If anyone could help me with this that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Just to refresh this post since it is old, and images cannot be made bigger. Here’s the answer wrapped up in new nodes in archi-lab.net package.

2 Likes