Forbid wall junctions between two different types

Hi everybody !
I would like to forbid wall jonctions between walls of different type.
For instance : wall “Concrete 20” can only be joined with wall “Concrete 20” but not with wall “Concrete 10”. Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks !

I think this has to be the first time I have seen anyone want to use Dynamo to prevent Revit from doing something.

I am not sure Dynamo is the best method, and writing something in Python or C+/++ might be better- but that is just my thoughts.

1 Like

I can confirm that. You can use Dynamo afterwards to unjoin walls, before. Finally Coworkers have to Follow guidelines like a BIM-Execution-Plan!

Thanks for your response !
Unfortunately, I don’t know Python or C+/++ yet.
It could be a great advance if Autodesk develop such an option don’t you think ?

I did not say it could not be used, I just thought it would be easier in another programing language.

Please feel free to post any work, perhaps others can help you along.

Hi @hauvillec ,

I don’t think you can use Dynamo in real time to prevent the joining of these walls, afterwards you could unjoin them. However i don’t think this is the right workflow or even the right application.

Maybe you can look/ask around on a Revit forum to see how to prevent walls from joining in the first place.

1 Like