Node to Code, Dose it works for all nodes?

Node to code dose it works for all nodes? for instance, node to code works for Rage, but does not work for SetParameterByName

Also, I will still beginner, I tried to access https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo, but I can not reach anything.
furthermore, what about the packages, such as Clockwork, Steamnode.

It doesn’t work for all nodes, but most. You cannot node to code a node which is a function - they have to be executable. Since your element.setparametervaluebyname is light grey we know it’s in a function state and therefore isn’t capable of node to code (More info here: Nodes | The Dynamo Primer).

You can node to code nodes which are in a warning state though. Try wiring “A”, “B” and “C” into the inputs and give it another shot.

2 Likes

@jacob.small Can you put in some words on working with Package Nodes in Design script?

I can!

While it can be tempting to ‘node to code’ all custom nodes, this can be problematic so do so with caution, as when sharing graphs with others or opening a graph with a new Dynamo installation as there is no ‘identifier’ on the packages which are in use, and as such dependency management can be very difficult.

Also, with the use of custom packages your namespace issues which require explicitly calling for the namespaces for various methods. This isn’t an issue in many cases as far as results go, and graphs generally will run well but the warnings are annoying all the same. As such some name spaces - specifically DSCore.List should be called out in most of not all cases, even if ‘node to code’ doesn’t put it in for you.

1 Like