Node Surface.Difference fails

Warning by Surface.Difference node (see fig. 1).
The input of this node was checked and I don’t see any strange things in this (see fig. 2 and fig. 3).

Fig. 1

Fig. 2 (input List.Flatten)

Fig. 3 (input Surface.ByPath)

Source data:
DYNRVT2.6.1.8850_GD - Toilet Arrangement.dyn (479.4 KB)

Do anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

@RaquelBascones

Do you maybe have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @j.boonen, you can ignore the warning. The purpose of this node is to find the area of the elements outside of the room. If there is no difference it means that the elements are completely inside the surface of the room. The nulls are expected and it is why I built the check with “List.RemoveIfNot” to filter out anything that it is not a surface. Hope it makes sense!

@RaquelBascones

Thanks for the reaction.
But we prefer a script without warnings. Unless this cannot be resolved in the current Dynamo version.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

@j.boonen it is not something related to the Dynamo version, Dynamo always shows warnings when you have nulls. You could introduce some other nodes before to check whether the surfaces are completely inside of the floor and then calculate the difference only with the ones that are partially outside.
In summary, there is no error and the graph runs perfectly. But the warnings bother you, you can always find a way to calculate the same without them.

@RaquelBascones

Ok thanks, maybe I have to accept that we have some warnings :slight_smile: .

1 Like