Node or code that returns all family types in a list

I need a node that does what the OOTB Family Types node does in Revit, but not in a dropdown. My issue is I need to retrieve a family type even if it isnt placed in the model. any ideas or packages?

I’m not sure I follow. The Family Types dropdown node will list all family types, even if an instance of that type doesn’t exist.

However, to answer your question, if you want to get all loaded family types as a list you just need to use Element Types and All Elements of Type to return all FamilySymbols (family types). If it’s a specific family type then you can also use FamilyType.ByFamilyNameAndTypeName to specify the exact family and type you’re after.

Thanks for the response. Essentially I need a node that returns a list of all family types instead of a dropdown that I pick from, so I can filter it down for a UI with like 3-5 options or whatever. But the list of family types needs to include placed and unplaced. I will try the element types node and see how it goes!

@J_Sanford please let me know if you’ve found this solution. I need all family types in a list not just the drop down. Did anything work?

@mary.gurrieri This should be what you’re after.

1 Like

This is the best solution I found- you can feed this multiple categories if needed.