How to get all element types?

Hi guys, What am I missing here?

I was trying to select Family Types from the drop-down menu but default Revit families such as wall (all types, i.e generic, brick…etc), floor (all floors) are missing from the list.

Why is this happening?

Besides, What about the “Families” node? does this have been removed from Revit 2022?
What about the “FamilyType.ByCategory”? Does this also have been removed?

@jacob.small, could you please share your knowledge!!

You should utilise the Wall Types and the Floor Types nodes instead and use it as follows:

1 Like

So according to your reply, I can’t list Revit families in the “Family type” node.!!

My use case is: I want the user to choose “Family type or family”, and a “parameter name” from dropdown lists, then change the parametric value of all the family instances with new values. I want this selection to be dynamic. This means, All families in a single list.

So according to what you said, perhaps I should go with categories instead of family types.!!

As far as I know, no Dynamo for Revit nodes were deprecated in the 2022 release. You may be missing some packages though.

They are System types not family types, therefore this is why they work differently. This has always been the case.

I think, in the attached images, ‘Families’ and 'Family Type.ByCategory’ looks like Revit nodes. They don’t require packages, do they?

I am not sure.
What does Monocle label them as being from?
If you don’t have monocle you should get it from the package manager, but you could also check the workspace references by opening an old graph with those nodes in say Revit 2023.

1 Like

Depends because if a package is created in a certain way they can look like normal out of the box nodes.

I think these are package nodes, but either way just use what i indicated above should fulfil what you are after.

1 Like