I am new to Dynamo and Python but I am diving into learning the software to automate a few things at work. I have made a proof of concept but I am having problems wrapping my head around custom/python nodes.
My first question is, what resources could you guys point me towards for learning the python code for Dynamo for C3D specifically. I have had a look at some other python blocks made by others and still understanding the syntax. I am also working through the Primer for Dynamo.
As far as the script that I am trying to write:
- Open CAD drawing that comes in from outside source with outside line work/types/styles. (solved)
- Delete all text and mtext objects. (Partially solved. Can easily delete text. Cant identify/select mtext objects yet)
- Call on pre-made spreadsheet to get layer associations from their layers to our layers and place into separate lists. (solved)
- Transform all object’s layers from theirs to ours from the lists (solved)
- Select all objects and change Color, Line Type, and Line Weight to ByLayer from the General Properties. (not solved)
I am wondering if there is a resource or example where I could learn how to interact with the General Properties of objects, and be able to call on new objects that are not in the Object.Type node. I’m pretty confident that if I can learn how to write the above issues then I can stumble through the others that I need.
Thanks for your help,