[Request for Feedback] New Dynamo Library UI

Double-click the red arrow will collapse

Hey Guys

I like the icons in the tooltip or at final node selection, however I would prefer not to see them in the menu heading layouts. They take up alot of space.

Be nice if you could link references to the tooltips aswell for clickable links to relevant information. Even more awesome would be an option too look at examples that scours the packager manager for existing custom nodes using the options and directs a user, or references the training files. For some new users understanding data types is a big thing.

Also I see graphics as a beginners indicator to Dynamo, once you know your way around we should be able to turn these off as people are more interested in the actual command names and being able to see as many as those on the screen would be nice. Better focus on drop menu options and search with tags or something would be better.

Also drag & drop would a nice enhancement for dropping nodes onto the workspace, although maybe to support this you either need to support a left click up on the menu bar for centre drop and hold mouse and drag to activate the drop option for nodes.

Another thing I would love is the ability to define lists of Snippets!! These would be a small group of nodes that I can call up maybe a tab menu or something, then we can drop share and drop snippets with each other if people wanted to or just use them for productivity. So a number of nodes use the same configurations over and over again and having access to these in a savable manner similar to custom nodes but more just a selection of nodes. Then people can add tags and so on to the snippets.

hey y’all! I Was originally trained in Grasshopper And I am having trouble with simple interphase differences between dynamo and Grasshopper. Anyways, my question is; In grasshopper you can disable selected nodes which allows for a iterative workflow, and I was wondering if there is a way to do that in Dynamo??

BTW, as to my previous comment regarding the search response, I just noticed that the stable version 0.7.5.3566 is also slow on Windows 8.1, but is perfectly fine on Windows 7. I wonder why there is such a drastic difference? So perhaps the graphical nodes aren’t the reason for the search sluggishness, but Windows 8.1 is?