My problem about springs.familyinstance.bygeometory

I do not know why I cannot use the node of springs.familyinstance.bygeometory? I have tried for many times but still cannot work out. Does anyone know about it? Thanks.

Hello @danielXXSVU and welcome :wink: im not so strong in that launguge there :wink: whitch kind of template are you use and which categori, and be sure you have dynamoironpython package installed 2.7 version 2.5

Hi Sovitek. I just use Revit2024 and try to test this springs node. I do not know how to intall dynamoironpython pachage actually. maybe you can tell me about it. thanks.

MY version is Chinese Simplified Version and that is why the template and categori are in Chinese

I have trier another Revit2023 English Version, but still cannot work. The same thing happens

Make sure you have the correct version of Iron Python 2.7 installed. The installation process is outlined here: Package Introduction | English | Dynamo

Alternatively you can use FamilyType.ByGeometry, followed by a FamilyInstance.ByPoint node and remove the need for a package.

Thanks mate. I think the alternative way is good and i have tried FamliyType.ByGeometry and it does works.
Well, I will check whether i have installed Python2.7 correctly.

Hi. I have installed the latest Revit2025 English version. and tried with DynamoIronPython 2.7 2.5.0,3.0.0,3.2.0 respectively. but still does not work. I do not know why :sweat_smile:

Uninstall IronPython and restart your CPU.

Then install just the latest version for 2025. if you’re in 2024 you’ll need the older build as noted by @sovitek above. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I havent tried 2025, probably spring dosent wotk there…probably someone can confirm or not it work in 2025 ? but for 2024 as Jacob said :wink:

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
I have install the right Iron Python2.7 version2.5 and now it really works~~~
Thanks guys. both of you are really helpful. you are masters both. amazing!!!

2 Likes