Multisurface inquiry

Amigo @napoleon.matheus do you need to round the edges of the solids? or cut them according to another profile? hope these ideas help you, this is how the tires are made or is it just to make it look good in the render? serious question!

Im a bit confuse with your explanation. sorry for the late replied I got sick, and safe travels

@gilberto.arechigaiba I’m not trying to offset because it would be same offset distance on all hexagons. For example in the image I’m sharing…This is a rough cross section of the tire. All I want is to taper from the center. Example 3mm from center of the tire to 1.5 mm to each edge of the tire. Can I do that in Dynamo

Also is not for rendering purpose is actually to learn if it can be done on dynamo. I can do it in Alias, but if it can be code in dynamo I would be able to plug any pattern and it would be update it on the fly

Amigo @napoleon.matheus buenas, use an offset to not create another profile but you can use the profile you want, you must use the node Geometry.Trim and then those solids that generates subtract them to the original solid with Set.DiferenceAll, I hope it helps you.

1 Like

at @gilberto.arechigaiba I will try something like that. thx for the feedback and help. Much appreciated…

Regards,

Napoleon

1 Like