Moving plugin ribbon into Add-in Tab

Hello everyone,

I just want to ask if there is any way that I can edit the plugin and move its ribbon into the add-in tab, just to make it more compact for user interface, especially when I am having lots of plugin installed. Does anyone have any idea about that?

Thank you for your support.

Hello @tan.tranQL45R and welcome to the forum :wink: the forum is for dynamo, guess you have better luck in a revit forum…

2 Likes

Just need keep Crt+ Right Mouse and then move it. Sometimes we don’t need automation.

2 Likes

If youre not a c# dev look into pyrevit. Otherwise welcome to the kept gate of c# for revit! Happy climbing…

If anyone grumbles at the sentiment, Iink me wrong. Having said this climbing bregrudingly over said wall.

3 Likes

Not sure what is meant by this, but I can try to shed some light:

Code developed in C# is owned and maintained by the developer, not consumers of their tools. That isn’t a Revit thing but a C# thing as .dlls are pre-compiled as opposed to compiled at runtime the way scripting environments are (Python, Dynamo).

4 Likes

I mean it’s not as much a trove of openly shared knowledge as the higher level entry points. Some fantastic resources and open source stuff out there, but given a lot of motivation to head into C# is to protect/sell code it’s not as open - less a criticism more an observation based on my experience of breaking my way into it so far. Hopefully down the line I’ll get time to about face and give some back to others, but it’s a bit of a warren vs rabbit hole to navigate so far.

That and building UI’s is… fun. Data shapes and pyrevit have spoiled us in that area.

2 Likes

Very much true. There are some EXTREMELY nice tools for this out there though - many of which are paid, but once you have them the UI design gets to be so easy.

This is not the take I thought I would see… but I am glad to see it. The Dynamo community is a big part of that. As I can I hope to start sharing some C# based stuff, although it’s a bigger early lift so most of what I am up to is proprietary stuff as part of the day job. Learning to read/use the tools certainly helps. There is a TON of open source add-in stuff on GitHub if you know how to search it right. And Nuget is extremely useful once you figure out how to leverage it correctly.

3 Likes