Modify wall location line and wall types in the same graph

Hello guys,

We are having a problem with one graph.

What we are doing to do here is to select members of groups that belong to a specific wall type, modify the location line and then replace the elements for a different wall type.

I do not want to separate this into two graphs

I do not understand why the last part of the graph is not working fine, the location line changes but the type replacement seems to come before it, not sure why because the node come after in the graph.

Any ideas, many thanks!!!21

Hi @BIMadmin

Please show preview for all the nodes it will help others who is trying to help you.

Sure
Before applying the graph3
After
Graph

Part 1
Graph Part 2

Anybody knows why the change of type come before the location line thought it is after in the flow???

Kul kul???

Are you looking to change wall type which is inside group? Drop your rvt file in any cloud drive and share the link here.

Sure here it is

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/75358dc41c5fe0602eef3c2b005e9c5420180210113420/2f415676e5cb00425fccb2987943142b20180210113420/df5271

@BIMadmin I modified the script For BIM Admin.dyn (11.9 KB) and here is the process in action:

And revit file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xu6ViaWSnEVj8EGA9AfViyf2meUBvrhH/view?usp=sharing

Hello what I want to do is in the same graph modify the location line of an specific wall type inside a group and after that modify the wall type, typical exercise of modify wall types when the location line is wrong

Hello Kul kul,
Thanks for your time but what you are doing here is just part of the graph I previously attached,
If you read my explanation above the problem that I am having is that I cannot modify the location line and the wall type in the same graph, even though the change of type come after in the flow…

erfajo as I told you before I need to automate the modification of an specific wall type in a group and just after that modify the wall type

I mean automate the location line and just after swap the wall type once the location line parameter is correct

Capture

@BIMadmin try using Element.MoveByVector node after Element.SetParameter node. Make sure you add transactions start and end. Good Luck!

2 Likes

I don’t want to move the wall!!!
I want to change the location line property of the walls before changing the type:
Centerline 0
Core ext 1
Core into 2
Finish ext 3
Finish int 4
I hope you can get it now

Hello all,
In order to achieve what we are aiming for I have splitted the graph in two.
So now we need to run part, freeze and unfreeze and run the other part.
Not sure why the wait/passthrough node does not work here.
Actually there is something in the outcome of the graph that we are not sure why is happening though the outcome is correct.

The list of elements in the node Element.GetParameterValueByName, in the second part of the graph is giving me the name of the elements that should come in the end of the graph as it is modify at the end of the definition, last node.
Anyone can tell us why???
I have to say though that the exercise works regardless this.