Modify the elevation of a polyline

Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a particular node to change the elevation of the polyline, or how it could be done, I was thinking of finding its points and changing the elevation of the points, but that would only help me with figures that have straight lines and not curves I don’t know what else could be done

1 Like

Translate the geometry with a vector.

Could you give an example of what you say?

Sure.

You can use Geometry.Translate. This deletes and then re-creates a polyline so if you have data attached to it, it could get deleted, just a warning.
TranslatePolyline.dyn (32.7 KB)

Very good answer, I just tried it and if it works, I have a doubt that it is something that I was trying, this could not be called in a chain since there is a command that is used to make the elevation change
“EditPlineElevs”.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your post. You need to integrate the way you are calculating the new elevation of the polyline(s) into the script I posted? I’m not sure how you are calculating the intended new elevation, but perhaps I can help, if you need help, and you post your python script.

I think this could be a lot simpler by just using the Object.Transform node. This post should help.

2 Likes

Much better.

Thanks so much for the code review Zachri.

TranslatePolyline-V2.dyn (21.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for all the answers

No problem. I think another strategy instead of getting the elevation from the polycurve plane could be to get the elevation property from the polyline. That may be another way to simplify.

The Civil 3D Toolkit has a SetParameterValueByName node:

3 Likes