Missed dimensions on assembly views

Hi,
I try to automate dimensioning of assembly (!) views. Once sctipt was done, I realized it doesn’t work with assembly views (plans, sections etc). I was working with usual plans and sections while developing.
Dimension.ByReferences node is showing created objects, but when I click each of them folllowing message appears.

Do somebody know what is difference between assembly views and how to force it to work with em?Thank you in advance.

There is no difference with the views. I have had this happen and the only thing that I can think to have caused it would be that the dimension created by the selected references is not in plane with any view. Check the references you are dimensioning to and make sure they are truly perpendicular to the view plane.

I have a script for dimensioning elements in an assembly view, so I know it can be done. The critical part is picking and grouping the correct references together, to dimension to in the view.

If possible, provide your dyn file and a stripped down version of your model having the assembly and the view you are trying to create the dimension in.

Short update

I finally reached a result by using Dimension ByReferences block from GeniousLoci package. The only reason why it was not working before is the version of python engine. Since I chose the IronPython2, the script starts to work.

Thank you, @staylor for cooperation.