Members of Nested Groups

Hello
I am working on a script which set a 3D Model Text value as parameter value by all the Group members, including nested Group members. When all the Groups contains the same depths of Nested Groups, the script runs fine.

When the amount of depths of the Nested groups are not the same for multiple Groups, the nested group members will not be assigned to the right parent group.

Group A contains : Model Group 1 - Nested Model Group 11
Group B contains : Model Group 2 - Nested Model Group 21 - Nested Model Group 22
Group C contains : Model Group 3 - Nested Model Group 31 - Nested Model Group 32

In my script the Group members will be listed like this:

Group A
Model Group 1
Nested Model Group 11
Nested Model Group 22

Group B
Model Group 2
Nested Model Group 21
Nested Model Group 32

Group C
Model Group 3
Nested Model Group 31

The problem occur when a sublist does not contain a Model Group, the sublist will be given back as empty list and will be dropped.
Add House-ID-backup.dyn (68.3 KB)

Hou should try to download a new version of steamnodes for the filterByString node. The new version also has a bool output that might help you out. Maybe assign an empty list or dummy value to keep the same list order?

Hello Taco,
Add an empty List can be the solution. Where to add the Node in the script?
Whats the difference between the old and new filter ByString Node?

Well I guess you could do something like this:

That way you keep the order of the list but you’ll have to think of a way to handle the dummy values, so depending on the rest of you script this might be helpful :slight_smile: