Grouping Lists of lists based on revit paramter values

I am trying to group elements in a list using the List.GroupByKey node but I am having problems using this for sublists.

As can be seen below I am collecting all Analytical Floor Elements.

I am then grouping this based on the values of a “Level/Zone” parameter, using the List.GroupByKey node, works all OK.

For each of these sublists I wish to group by another parameter. I feel as though I should be using the List.Map node because you use this node to work on sublists but this is not working.

The Clockwork Package has a List.GroupListOfListByKey node but I am having trouble getting this to work. (not sure which key index to pass to it)

f

Group sublists.dyn (13.6 KB)

Would love some help solving this.

2 Likes

Hi Brett,

I hope this is helpful:

First the cable trays are grouped by Reference Level which gives me 4 sublists. Then i group them by Family.

Kind regards

1 Like

Thanks Martin,

Getting me closer but not 100% there.

I was able to use the group by function key and feed it into list.map node for the second parameter key so that it applies to the sublists but I can’t get it to work when using a nested second parameter.

The top row is when I have nested parameter feeding into the second group by function. If you see the list.map output on the RHS I’m not getting sublists with unique keys.

Where as when I only feed one parameter key into the group by function I am getting unique keys for the sublist.

Hope this explains my problem

Seems like List.Combine should help

8 Likes

Vikram, thanks very much!

It always seems so obvious when the correct answer is shown to you.

2 Likes

This was my solution to the problem Thankyou very much!!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to solve this problem for hours now and you finally gave me the solution. I cannot thank you enough lol.

1 Like

Great solution, thanks! Never would have solved it on my own. Works also for geometry.