Material Tag Placement

Hello all,

I have encountered some trouble trying to place Material Tags.
Trying the method suggested here (Material tag on selected views?), using Clockwork’s node FamilyInstance.ByPointInView sucessfully places the Tag on Revit, however it is not associated with any elements as shown in the image below.

Alternatively I have tried Archilab’s CreateAnnotationTag node but it has also not worked because the node does not seem to support this type of tag. Maybe something similar to what was done here (Tag/TextNote Multi-Category Elements) could work? I would try to adapt code it but my python skills are pretty terrible.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Just a thought: try programmatically shifting the material tag after placement with the clockwork node. I know a little nudge will reassociate these if done manually.

Thanks for the reply Jacob, I have previously also tried to move the tag after placement both manually and via Dynamo but it does not seem to reassoacite with any elements.

Interesting… I’ll have a look as this later applies to something I am working on as well. I’ll let you know what I find.

Hi @lfklein95 @jacob.small

You should access Revit API TagMode(TM_ADDBY_MATERIAL) Enumeration to tag Materials.

As far as i know there is no custom node available at the moment. However i have edited @Konrad_K_Sobon 's custom node to work with Material Tag also. Here is a process in action:

MatTag.dyn (12.6 KB)

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hello @Kulkul,

Thanks for the great solution, works absolutely perfectly on Revit 2017.
However while trying to replicate the same usage on Revit 2016 I can’t manage to make it work given that as soon as I run the script my Revit imediately crashes. Does the code need some adapting for the 2016 version or is this operation not possible?

Here is the graph and error message while running on Revit 2016, Dynamo v 1.3.2 with the revit file only containing the 3 walls show in the first node.

1 Like

@Kulkul

Is there a way to get the material tags placed without leaders using this script?

Also, with the Python Script node, what is the function of Input (4)?

Thanks

@dynamo_den if you download the .dyn and open the python node it references links, if no links it moves on.

IN4

1 Like

@Ren_Rainville

Thanks for clarifying!