Make selection wall shape

Hi,

I am new to dynamo and I want to make an selection based on the shape of the wall, for example a wall with a roof on top is triangulair, and a wall with no floor (stairs) has an up stand. and this will make him special from other walls. Can i select those walls in dynamo?

Two options:

1. You could select all walls. Then get their area, length and height. Multiply the length by the height to get what the area should be. Compare that value to the area - any values which don’t match have an edited shape of some sort. Then use a List.FilterByBoolMask node to reduce the list of all walls down to just ones with unexpected areas.

2. You could select all walls. Then get the geometry of each and explode the solid into surfaces. Then get the normal for all surfaces at parameter 0.5, 0.5, and check the Z value for each. Discard any values which are 0 and then get the absolute value of the remaining values. Finally, use a List.GroupByKey node where the lost and the key are both the remaining Z value, and check if that value is not equal to 1, filtering the original list of walls by the the resulting Boolean list using a List.FilterByBoolMask node.

2 Likes