Locate filledregion view

hi,

i have a type of filledregion that i need to delete but the error tells me that it’s been used in 6 different places.i have arounf 600 details in drafting views and i would like to get either the id for each of them or the view names for those 6 details but it just gives me the id number , what am i doing wrong?

Take the type and pull it’s element Id.

Then get all filled regions as a next step.

Then pull each filled region’s type (a parameter value if I am not mistaken), get the ID of that if it returns an element. Check each of those ID values for equality with the ID value of filled region type in question.

Use a List.FilterByBoolMask where the list is the list of all filled regions, and the mask is the list of boolean values from the ID comparison. The ‘in’ set should contain the 6 items in question.

Note that nested families can complicate this further.

hi Jacob, thanks for your reply, unfortunately i couldnt make what you said work so i took another path and im able to get the id for each filled region, the issue is that i can use select by id only in floor plan, and it wont select the rest that are in either drafting views or legend views, is there another way to select them? or should i just replace them thru dynamo? or somehow i can get element view by id number?

Hi @Arsham not sure but how about element owner view, if i understand :wink:

1 Like

element.ownerview helped me. thank you so much!