'Element Type'?

Hi All,

Thanks for any assistance, please see attached Graph to find Views containing Filled Regions.

I have got it working by using Element Type to get Filled Region names, but I don’t need this for Views…

Would someone mind explaining why?

Thanks,

Mark

Any type of view (section, drafting, elevation, etc) could contain a filled region. Unless you’re only looking for filled regions on a specific type of view, like floorplans, then you don’t need to filter by view type. You can just include all views in your list.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The graph is to find where particular Filled Regions are located, the py gets Filled Regions and their Associated view.

My question is why I need to use the ‘Element Type’ node to get the ‘Filled Region’ name, but I don’t need to use it to get the ‘View’ name.

I presume there is a difference in how Dynamo handles ‘Filled Regions’ and ‘Views’ but I don’t understand what…?

Cheers,

Mark

Filled regions are instances of the filled region type which is selected at creation or changed after placement. That is you can have multiple filled regions using the same type and they can be changed by looking into the properties pallet drop down. They do not have a name parameter for each placement, only the type. If you want to change that name you need to edit the type not simply modify t in a schedule or properties pallet.

Views on the other hand have a name parameter which is unique to the instance. Therefore you can pull the name from the view but not the filled region.

Hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks!