Listing families in Project browser (Includes families that are not placed)

Hi there,

I’ve been looking for a node that will list family elements that exist in the project library which do not have to be a placed in the model. (I’m after a list of the families in the project browser) I understand that i may need python to do this. I’m going to look into this further but if anyone can help i will be extremely grateful. I will posted what i find if successful.

Thanks

If you place the following in a python node, it will give you all families of a Category in the model.

cats = List.Flatten([IN[1]],1)`
allElements = (FilteredElementCollector(doc).OfClass(FamilySymbol).OfCategory(System.Enum.ToObject(BuiltInCategory, cat.Id)).ToElements())
allFamilyIds = [x.Family.Id for x in allElements]

@SeanP - I brought this into dynamo, and the code didnt work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

You need to assign the values to the OUT. Add this line to the end of the script.

OUT = allFamilyIds

Hi, i’ve tried this but got an error. Any ideas?

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.Error en la operación EvaluateIronPythonScript.
unexpected token ‘OUT’

You are missing a closing bracket on the second to last line

allElements]
1 Like

Hey mate,

Try this method… It works for me using the Core nodes although the GetCategory option will not be viable. You’ll have to use the Clockwork’s Element.Category+ node. Just in case that’s what you’re going for next.

1 Like

@SeanP
Does this also work for a list of Categories?

And also get an error even with all the changes mentioned with the Python solution.

@pop.jason solution works for me though (for now).